We couldn’t fulfil our charitable mission without the support of our generous, thoughtful and committed donors. We value the support of donors and understand the need to balance our duties to them and to our beneficiaries.
That’s why we make this commitment to you.
We’ll comply with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising, and we guarantee we’ll adhere to best practice as outlined in the Fundraising Code of Practice.
We’ll monitor fundraisers, volunteers and third parties working with us to raise funds, making sure they also comply with the Code of Practice.
We guarantee to operate in line with the values of the Code; to be legal, open, honest and respectful in all our fundraising.
To promote and underpin these values, we commit to the following standards:
- we’ll be clear about who we are and what we do
- we’ll give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and how you can change or stop a regular donation
- we’ll respect your decision if you don’t want to give or want to stop giving
- we’ll respect your rights and privacy
- we have a procedure for dealing with people in vulnerable circumstances which will be published on our website or otherwise be available on request
- we’ll hold your data securely
- we’ll communicate with you by using your selected preferences.
If you feel we haven’t adhered to these standards or think we could do better, please contact Lynne Stanford, Fundraising Manager.
Call: 0131 225 8508
We commit to ensuring our complaints process is clear and easily accessible and to providing clear and evidence-based reasons for our decisions on complaints. However, if you’re dissatisfied with our response, you can take this further by contacting the Scottish Fundraising Adjudication Panel at www.goodfundraising.scot