This online training is made up of two 2¼ hour sessions with a 15 minute break and will be held on Wednesday, 26 June 2024 from 9.30 am to 11.45 am and then 1 pm – 3.15 pm.
The Transforming Trauma National Training Framework sets out four levels of training for different parts of the workforce. This training sits at the Informed Practice Level, which describes the baseline knowledge and skills required by everyone in the Scottish workforce.
Participants will know and understand:
- how widespread trauma is,
- the kinds of experiences that are traumatic.
- that people affected by trauma may want to avoid people or places and why
- the trauma informed principles and approach
Participants will be more able
- to recognise when someone is affected by trauma
- support their work environment to be trauma informed
Participants will explore
- how their work relates to the trauma informed principles
- the importance of good self-care.
Hayley Chandler worked for Health in Mind for 10 years. Hayley has many years of experience facilitating self-management and peer support groups. She is also a yoga teacher and is passionate about taking a holistic approach to wellbeing and recovery.
Terms and conditions
This online course will be delivered through Zoom.
Training bookings are processed through Stripe which accepts all major debit and credit cards.
If you need to cancel your booking and give more than 30 days’ notice, we will refund 50% of your fee. There is a non-refundable administration fee of £5 for cancellations and refunds. If due to unforeseen circumstances we have to change the course date, and it is not suitable for you, we will refund 100% of the payment.
This course will run once we have reached the minimum number of participants to make it viable. If the course has to be re-scheduled for this reason, we will refund your full fee if you can’t make the new date.