We could not support as many people as we do without our volunteers’ help, time, and dedication.
It is incredibly important to us that our volunteers enjoy their roles and feel satisfied and fulfilled in them too. In addition to the day-to-day support and ongoing supervision that we provide, our annual Volunteer Satisfaction Survey is a way that we can ensure this is the case.
Here are some of the comments that we received from our volunteers:
- Volunteering has made a great impact on my healing journey, helping me to feel safe and be myself whilst helping others.
- It gives me purpose and a reason to go out and self travel.
- It has been a lifeline for me and a major part of my ongoing recovery, especially after the pandemic.
- I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity. It has been a fantastic focus to get me through extremely difficult personal circumstances. For example, I received difficult and upsetting news yesterday. Today I was out volunteering and focusing on my own and other people’s wellbeing. … A year ago, after receiving difficult news I’d have shut myself in my room, turned my phone off for at least 4-5 days and not cared about myself or anyone else.
- I enjoyed volunteering with Health in Mind for years and I feel comfortable to continue for more.
- It is inspiring to be part of an organisation who seem to genuinely be committed to reflection and not afraid of changing and adapting to meet people’s needs.
- I would like to thank you for the opportunity to help others. And thank you for the great work you do as an organisation.
For more information about volunteering with Health in Mind, please email us on email@example.com.